Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
However, this week was a s follows: Monday I had all the kids here, barely slapped pancakes on their little plates, and hated every minute of it. Horrible day. The worst. Wanted to quit Draycare and quit being a mom and climb in a hold. Tuesday-snow day, Wednesday-snow day, Thursday-snow day, Friday-snow day. If I had known Monday what I know now...I might have had a better day. Or worse. Who knows!
To get out of the house, before one of us killed the other or Snug officially learned how to climb walls, we all ventured out and went to the gym (our local HS gym) with #1 while he did his daily workout. Snug and I passed a soccer ball and did chin ups (him, not me) while Baby J slept. Then when #1 had to go into work, he dropped us by the library (next to the police station). It felt very very good to get out and about!
About the funniest thing this week was that Snug has another alter ego. Occasionally, usually after a bath, SuperBoy makes a guest appearance. I guess that gets old after awhile I suppose, so I present to you: Bulldozer Boy
Thursday, January 29, 2009
I am never at a loss for blog material. I mean, Snug burned burned his hand yesterday while crawling on the table to get himself a piece of corn bread. He has this nasty almost dime sized blister on his hand now. We have done all we can to keep him from 'helping himself' to food on the table because we feel it is rude, but I think often this boy has to learn for himself.
We have had 3 days off from school (well, for me from Draycare) in a row. Goodbye paycheck! However, we had a great day outside yesterday...and we needed it. We haven't been out of the house in too long.
I could also blog about #1 getting the van stuck half in the road half in our driveway today...literally hung up on a snowbank. He was on his way to the doctor. Our next door neighbor came out to help him dig out. They couldn't get it. He asked me to come drive while they pushed because that is safe on ice. I had to put on my boots and snowpants because it was stuck in a pile that was deeper than my knees (the snowplow plowed us into our driveway). I of course snapped a picture first...but about 3 minutes too early. As I got to the bottom of the driveway one of #1's bosses stopped (he was off duty) with his son, and then two cruisers also stopped-they ended up needing to direct traffic around our mess. I was snickering just a tad...not because we were stuck, but just because I'm sure the neighbors were loving the scene just outside their windows...they must be as bored as we are and this was entertainment at its finest!
However, I'm not going to further discuss any of these items...I am going to tell you how opposites can indeed attract.
I grew up with lots of family around and I loved it. I never had any sisters (I do have a great sister-in-law now) but I did have two cousins who I considered like sisters and good friends. One of them is my cousin Melissa. When I read her "25 things about me" post, which is a popular post right now on Blogger/Facebook/MySpace I had to laugh a little. How do 2 such opposites attract? We talk via phone/text/or blog almost daily, and always weekly. Keep in mind, these are my opinions and her opinions.
First, read her post here.
Now read my answers...and then wonder how such opposites attract!
1. I hate LOST. There is a tie between that and HEROES as in which one I'd rather not watch.
2. I have never watched Party of 5...not even sure what it is. And we don't have cable...because I think it is a waste of time/money/bunch of junk on. I have 7 channels with stuff I don't want to watch or watch too much of...why would I pay for more?
3. Never heard of this...
4. I don't watch soap operas...ever...enough said
5. I have no trouble losing baby weight...I weigh less today than the day I got pregnant with either of my boys...I have trouble losing weight after I stop nursing. I gained more after stopping with Snug than I did while I was pregnant with him.
6. I have no idea what our house is worth, I'm not sure I care...and I kinda want to live here forever (unless we move to a bunch of land and build with our next door neighbors...isn't gonna happen though)
7. I don't ever want to go to Vegas. The only reason I'd ever go was to be part of a ride along on COPS, because good stuff happens on COPS in Vegas. (see what I mean by junk on TV? Who watches people get arrested for fun?)
8. Ok here we get a bit more similar...I also love to wear sweats. Although I don't normally wear my PJ's all day, I have been known to get dressed for the next day and then easily roll out of bed the next morning if I have Draycare kids coming early :o)
9. Most of the time, besides toys, my house is clean. It kinda has to be with a home business. I HATE having a disorganized or messy house. Although it gets that way daily, it also gets cleaned daily. I love having people over and will find excuses to have people over. My kids have to pick up all their toys in between each activity when the daycare kids are here...I'm more lenient on the weekends. Messy House=Me Stressed
10. Although Snug and Baby J (who eats 90% organic) eat healthy, our whole family strives to. We have pizza and I eat raw cookie dough on occasion, but overall we are trying so so hard to eat as healthy as possible. McDonald's actually sounds gross.
11. I would like to get rid of our TV, but #1 loves sports (ok, I enjoy some too) and I have it on at night while I do stuff because it makes me feel safer to have noise.
12. I don't go to MOPS. Our church has a Tuesday morning Bible study with childcare, but I feel a tad guilty about having someone else watch kids I'm being paid to watch so I don't go. There is a MOPS chapter that meets in the evening, but the leader is the daughter-in-law of an old boss of mine who I was always less than impressed with (both boss and daughter-in-law). I'm not sure I could take her leadership very seriously.
13. Um...I live in a different state so of course we don't attend the same church. I've actually been at my church a TON lately (besides when Baby J had RSV) due to the new building and work involved with that.
14. I have two dogs and a cat that I love. Ok, I love the dogs, the cat is ok. He is a good cat...but he hasn't been using the litter box and so the dogs have been eating it...well, you get it. But I love my pets and love having pets...probably would have more if #1 would let me.
15. Um...some people might not think our dogs are great but I still love them...and unlike her dog, mine shed 9 months a year...drastically shed.
16. I also have a child who refuses to have a BM in his diapers. He actually waits for me to be changing him, and then he goes. This has been the trend for about 3 weeks. My two year old isn't in diapers except at night, and he is in a size ? Honestly I don't know.
17. I (usually) love to cook. I love cooking from scratch. I like to plan a menu, I do it once a week. I do however want help in what to make because otherwise I find myself repeating the same things over and over. I hate dishes. Period.
18. I love my dogs because even if I don't have any time for them, which I rarely do, they still love me to pieces!
19. I have high anxiety levels with or without my kids. Not sure how to answer this.
20. I concur with her on this point 100%
21. Although being a mom is one of the best things that has happened to me, my son never ever says "I love you momma" unless I make him repeat it word by word, and then he usually says "NOOOO" at the end. Nice.
22. I am trying very hard not to drink any pop and I NEVER EVER drink diet pop because the aspartame is so so so so so so so bad for you. Just eat a tablespoon of sugar...that is better for you than a teaspoon of aspartame.
23. I hope my blog is never as popular as MckMama or CFHusband. Then I'd feel super self-conscious about what I write and I'm sure I'd offend people daily. They can have their fame, I love MckMama's blog though and it makes me smile.
24. My mom didn't even know what a blog was when I started it. She reads it for the pics of her grandkids (coming soon, when the kids are in bed...I promise...naptime is being taken up by this insane idea I had instead...sorry)
25. Again, not anything I can say here because, well, if you followed the instructions and read hers first...there is nothing for me to say here :o)
So opposites attract. But we have similarities too, besides being blood related.
We grew up quite near each other, even went to the same school through HS.
We played softball together...by played I mean that I attended and sat on the bench and she was awesome!
We were in choirs together
We attended the same church
Our boys are within a couple of months in age of each other
Our husbands both work for emergency services
We both believe that nursing our babies is very important
We both love Jesus and know him as our savior (she was at summer camp the same week I became a believer)
So here is to you Mitt! Love you!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
From the makers of Veggie Tales! I've only spent about 30 minutes on the site, but it was pretty good. Haven't tried it out on Snug yet seems how amount of TV consumed=behavior problems...doesn't seem to matter if what he is watching is good or bad...just the amount of screen time. Anyway, I hope some of you check it out, it is worthwhile! Let me know what you think!
*Rutledges, I know you read this sometimes...your granddaughter did a great job today in her jellytelly clip!
Enough words...Wednesdays are supposed to be wordless see post below
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
I did not brush off tons of pieces of enchilada left strewn on the table from Snug and then call the dogs in to clean it up...not me.
I did not get a relieved/giddy feeling when the nice lady who helps to run Snug's class on Wednesday night came and got another mom because her kid had a potty accident, and for once it wasn't me. I did not feel totally terrible not even ten minutes later when it was me called out because Snug had a potty incident also. (I say incident because he did go in the potty...but also out of the potty) I am going to have to train toddler workers how to help little boys on the potty because the same thing happened again at church on Sunday.
I did not tear up just a tad today as my 2 year old marched himself into his new classroom and posed for a quick picture. I just feel like God is really blessing our church and I hope he finds me worthy of serving there.
I did not serve popcorn for dinner. #1 was totally ok with it as he wasn't very hungry either. That is my kind of Sunday night dinner!
I did not start brushing my teeth today...think something wasn't quite right, and then discover I was using my husband's toothbrush...maybe because I was so tired (the boys were up multiple times again last night...I forgot to give Baby J solids for dinner due to us just having popcorn so he was hungry all night, and Snug had a piece of candy...and well...there is more than just the health aspect to why he doesn't get candy).
I do not now have to brush the teeth of two of my Draycare kids every morning. Clearly I don't have enough to do already :o) I just fit it into the schedule...
I did not have to replace my blog counter. My other one died about a month ago...when I was moving things around and I couldn't revive it. I was at 3,000 something, so I just started the new one at 3,000. It isn't really accurate anyway because it counts ME as a visitor each time I log on, it started in October, and I have had a blog since April, and it was down for a month. Oh well. I really don't need it anyway, it just helps give me a good idea how many of you are out there...some of you show up on my blogfrog...but MOST of you do not. Those are just people who I follow their blogs, or people find me from their blogs.
Thank you to everyone who gave us advice on the heater. We still are not sure what we are going to do. We are leaning a little towards insulating our house, but we're not sure how much that will cost. After further research and your comments we're not sure the heater would help where we need the most help-our bedrooms. They are the coldest and they really do need to have their doors closed (especially our bedroom) for a majority of the day. We also do not want our bedroom doors open all night because if there was to be a fire, you have a higher probability of surviving (while sleeping) if the doors are closed. It buys you a few precious extra seconds by acting as a buffer between you and the flames/smoke. Toxic smoke kills more people than actual flames. We are cold in the main part of the house often too, and the heater would help that, but the bedrooms would get even colder. What a conundrum :o) Thanks for all your help! Happy Monday!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Our electricity bill is climbing because I use 3 (safe, I am very very safe) space heaters to heat 3 spaces that would otherwise be...well...misreable. However, they are really expensive to operate. I can't even turn up the heat, because the rest of the house could be 80 and those areas would maybe be 65 if we were lucky. Our bedrooms are literally in the 50's all winter long. The boys' room is a tad warmer than ours...but not much. It is better if we leave the doors open but our bedroom door remains closed, even often locked because of my husband's profession. We really don't want the daycare kids in the boys' room playing -plus that is where Baby J is sleeping quite often. SO, space heaters it is (again, I assure you we know lots of firemen and we are safe).
One of the guys #1 works with has purchased a quartz infared heater. Does anyone know anything about these? We've heard and read rave reviews...but I am kinda skeptical. How exactly does a machine that doesn't get hot heat 1,000 sq feet? What exactly is it doing? Is it harmful? Is it cancer causing? Personally I am cold 99.9% of the time, that .1% being only warm in the middle of July...so I'm all for something that will save us money (it claims to, and we've had testimony that it will pay for itself within a couple of months) and keep me warm.
Please Please let me know if you know anything about this...or know anyone who might...or think you know someone who might...because I need help here!
Here is one website we are looking at for those of you who are as clueless as I and have no idea what I am even talking about! http://www.edenpurestore.com/edenpure_heater_info
Friday, January 23, 2009
Care to join in the Friday fun? Go to Melissa's page and record your funny stuff!
While I was doing laundry in the basement, Snug found a clump of dog hair. He ran it over to me and said "Look! Chesser Lucy Mamma!" Someone needs to sweep :o)
Another dog funny. Our dog Chester was barking about something today in the backyard and Snug came running to me and say "Chester burped...he burping".
My final funny I posted with my snowman post. Our snowmen were melting and while Mother Hen was dismayed and told us that they were, indeed, melting. Snug was quite happy and adamant that they were indeed not melting, but "jumping around".
Mother Hen often likes to tell us that Baby J is "piling (smiling) at me". Today she was "pelling (smelling) his head" after his bath. So cute.
Ahhh, my days...if only I'd stop and write down all the things the kids say...I'd have a book!
Today was the first playgroup in the new building! I posted a few days ago about the dedication ceremony. Here is a view of the outside.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Have you seen my "Abby" button? If you haven't, please click and pray.
Hi: New Children's building opening at church
Low: Firing our pediatrician
I tweeted that we were outside during nap time, which I'm pretty rigid about, but there was an explanation. Right before I got everyone's snow suits completely zipped (and then unzipped with runs to the bathroom) #1 called to tell me his Blazer had died and we needed to come rescue him. Now I did mention we were having a heat wave, right? We had a high of 40 and it was sunny...so you can imagine how comfy we were in the van with out warmest winter attire on :o)
After we returned from rescuing the Blazer and #1 everyone got to spend some time in the
This is our joint creation.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Join me and the hundreds (yes, hundreds) of others who do a Not Me! Monday post with MckMama of My Charming Kids and admit all the wonderful things you do as a mother that really...you shouldn't do...or didn't mean to do...or were too tired to care that you did!
I did not let the laundry get away from me this week.
I did not use disposable diapers frequently in the thick of things when Baby J was having weight gain problems...I love cloth diapers!
I most certainly did not get really disappointed I didn't win the Miracle Blanket in the "name that photo contest" last week...but I've found one on Craigslist...here's hoping it comes my way.
I did not get super excited and excitedly tell #1 when I got an honorable mention in the Miracle Blanket contest. He did not make fun of me...look at what I had written, and then decide that I should have in fact been the winner (in his opinion)!
I do not enjoy using twitter and leaving messages on my blog all day long. If you want to follow me on twitter, click "follow me on twitter" on the right hand side of the blog.
I do not need to go get some things done and stop blogging because my husband and dad are working on my bathroom and my mom is entertaining Snug (Baby J is sleeping).
***Please pray for Baby J's testing today at Children's Hospital.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Thanks for taking a minute to share in our joy...we pray that God will use this building to further His kingdom.