Sunday, November 2, 2008

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

As my husband will tell you, I love to recycle. I was so excited today when I noticed that we had more recycles than trash! Yippee! Just wait until we try cloth diapers, that week should really cut down on the trash. I'm not 100% committed to the cloth diapers because I haven't really tried them yet. Once I get them from my mom I'll keep you updated. Snug is into throwing away trash and recycles. I figure if I start teaching the boys when they are little about what can be re-used and recycled it will become a habit in their lives. Snug's "give, save, spend" jars (Financial Peace University) are re-used peanut butter jars.
Snug also likes to help put things in our compost pile. Tonight it was our Pumpkins from Halloween. All of our egg shells, fruit/veggie scraps, coffee grounds, pasta water, and some of our grass clippings and leaves go into this compost bin. We turn in every once in awhile and at the bottom is this GREAT black dirt we'll use in our garden next year!




No comments: