Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas and Snow Day!

 Most of my Christmas pictures leave a lot to be desired.  I didn't even take that many.  Frankly I took so many in Florida I'm about shuttered out, and besides, it has been a BUSY Christmas.  We went to Florida December 6-16 and I need to post about that soon.  I'm just tired.
 I tried for a picture under the tree, but the kids were excited and I didn't get a perfect one.
  I did get some funny ones.
 And this one is the best.  Ah, Merry Christmas!
 Sweet Pea did pose for me a little.  She is wearing the dress my mom made me and that both Rosebud and I wore our first two Christmases 

 #1 kept a fire going all Christmas day and it was quite cozy.  We did stockings when the kids first got up and then had the breakfast my aunt made for us every year growing up-egg bakes and monkey bread.  Like her, we also invited people who don't have family around here/weren't having anyone for Christmas.  We had four guests and it was fun.
 Around noon the last guest left and we opened presents.  Florida was our kids present this year, but they each got something under the tree to open.  Little Monkey Man got this computer-y thing (he played with it at a friend's house one day FOREVER and when I found it at Aldi I grabbed it up) and an empty plastic storage bin to keep his Legos in.
 Rosebud got this doll.  She ended up with a few dolls this Christmas, but she'll mother them all I'm sure!
 Snug got a Leapster2 that I snagged off of Craigslist and a new Leapster game.

I got a yoga mat and yoga mat carrier along with the last Harry Potter DVD.

Christmas Eve after the candle light service LMM couldn't go to sleep he was too excited.  He said he hoped there would be an orange in his stocking (its from a book he likes) and SNOW!  Well I could stick an orange in, but the snow?  Not in charge in that department.  However...
 When he woke up this morning he (and everyone else) was super excited.
 We got several inches of snow and played for about an hour in it.
 Our dogs LOVE snow.  They live for days like this.
It wasn't really packing snow, but it wasn't total powder either so we managed a little guy.

I'll post Florida pictures soon, first I'll get them on Facebook.  Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family and beautiful pictures! I love the not-so-perfect pictures, fun memories way down the road!