Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Free?

Ok so I love free.  I love to find free stuff that I can use.  I love it when I have something I don't need/use anymore and someone else can benefit from it.

Craigslist is a great place to find things used, at little or even sometimes no cost to you.  Once in awhile when I have oodles of extra time on my hands (not) I browse.

Here are some things I found today that I'll say "no thanks" to. There are just some free things that I don't need.

1.  You can lease miniature ponies for FREE!  You pay the farrier costs $25/each if you want to "lease" them and oh yes, they are "unhandled".  I'm guessing that means you'd never ride them and they may or may not enjoy your companionship!!!  WHAT A BARGAIN!!!  Oh, one more thing, you don't get to take them off their property, just take care of them.  Basically you are doing all their work.  Hmmmm.

2.  A free toddler bed mattress.  It says "the new pee smell is gone but I'm sure you'll create your own if you have a toddler."  What is "new pee smell?".  Anyone?  Also, we have owned 3 crib/toddler bed mattresses and I assure you, NONE of them smelled.  

3.  Two free Bantam roosters.  In case you're in the market for a rooster. 

4.  Someone looking for a free gelding.  Too bad he wants to have it at his house for his grandkids or he could hook up with the free(ish) miniature ponies.  Good luck finding a free horse dude.  WAIT A MINUTE.  A few lines down there is a posting for a free horse, but it's a mare.  Too bad.  

5.  Free pit bull!!!  Used pit bulls are usually high quality.  (I have a friend who used to have a pit and she was very sweet, but she was the exception).  

6. Several free couches...that you have to haul out of their house yourself...and look like you'd expect (probably smell as nice as they look).  Yikes.

7.  MORE roosters.  Makes me wonder a little.  Why do we not eat the roosters?  

8.  Free Guinea chicken.  She is a bully to other chickens and mean to people.  Sign me right up.  I love mean poultry.  

9.  Free rat!  SUPER!!!!  

10.  FREE non-working washer and dryer.  The dryer goes around but has no heat, the washer will HOLD water, but won't run at all.  That my friends is a bargain.  You put those unwashed clothes into a unheated dryer and within 2 days you'll have clean(ish) clothes.  

SO.  If any of those things tickle your fancy, please please let me know and I'll get you in contact.  We all love a little free! 

2 comments:

Jenilee said...

lol what a fun idea for a post! :) roosters, rats... do not tell my husband. :)

Aunt Cheryl said...

Both Vic & I got a laugh out of thiis one! You ought to sell this to a stand-up comedian ...Love