Friday, April 25, 2008

Little People



I have bought a few "vintage" Little People on E-Bay (before we were doing Financial Peace University) and at garage sales (Dave would approve of this) for Big J. I remember playing with them for hours as a kid and I guess the purchases were sorta for mommy too. Well, Big J loves them. Here he's showing me a few of his favorites and telling me something...to babbley to really understand. These people can go anywhere. Some of you saw the ones on his Flickr page that ended up sleeping in the fridge! Today it is my job to hold the people in my hand as Big J takes each one individually out on an adventure. Some get to go in his shirt pocket (thanks John for this vivid Hawaiian shirt), some on the bookshelf, some look out the front door, and others visited daddy's work boots. Each had several turns going on adventures while I held the rest in my hand...and they had better be there when James returned because I wasn't a good babysitter of the people if I set them on my leg or the chair...that is a NO NO for Big J. If he's asked you to hold something, please, hold it right.
It was supposed to be a rainy yucky day here but it turned out to be 80 and sunny! My "Freedar" was loving today's activity. Our playgroup went to the mall for Momtopia, a once monthly advertising specialty. This month's theme was "carnival". Clinique, the Cookie Co., and Popcorn Pizazz were the sponsors. They gave free samples and shamlessly handed out lots of literature on what we were missing by not stopping by their stores frequently. It was fun though because there were little carnival games for the kids to play, complete with prizes, a clown making baloon animals, and a huge inflatable slide. Big J came home with a paddle ball, punching baloon, skittles, a teddy bear, and coloring sheet. He had a baloon sword, but when you bite those, they pop. All my daycare kids got to enjoy the carnival and the older ones did the slide about forty times, no exaggeration. It was all free...and everyone took LONG naps this afternoon!

No comments: