Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Going Political On You

Well...I just had to. Sorry.

To start off on a POSITIVE note, our city levy PASSED today, thank you to everyone who was praying. It doesn't guarantee that #1 won't lose his job, but it is a step in the right direction! Praise God. I may or may not have started crying as the lady was checking my ID and all today at the polls. It was really hard to see how agitated #1 was. We continue to trust God in all of this, but it is hard not to fell a bit sick about it. I cannot imagine our city less 6 officers and 6 firefighters. That would be awful.

Oh, Happy Birthday President Obama. I believe I did hear it is his birthday today. Not sure how old his is. Older than me :o)

Ok, so there was a discussion at camp among my CILTS about our current president. They were speaking about him and his decisions (in a not very well informed way) rather disrespectfully. Now, I will be the first one to tell you that there are many things he does that I do not agree with. However, I believe we need to still be respectful of him and pray for him. I told the girls such, and hope that they will take it to heart.

That being said, I want to bring some things to light that you may or may not know. We need to not only be praying for these issues, but contacting our congressmen!

First up, is his health care reform. Click here to see what I am talking about.

Secondly is a HUGE issue on abortion. Because of the news on "cash for clunkers" and "health care" I think this issue is falling through the media cracks. GUESS WHAT! IT IS IMPORTANT! Actually, it is even tied to the health care issues out there.
Click here for more detailed information. Our government, at least some elected officials, want to overrule abortion laws that have been put in place. When Snug was born premature, under what they want the House to pass, I could have told the doctors to abort him. You know, cause he was a problem and all. Yep. Late term abortion would be legal...babies that could survive outside the womb would be eligible for annihilation. Not that ones who are not old enough to survive should be aborted, don't get me wrong. This new bill is going to be passed or rejected in the next 2 weeks.

But I don't like to get all political on you.

No comments: