Monday, January 18, 2010

Moving Week: Monday Mess

Welcome to moving week 2010. Actually, we will be moving two times in 2010, so maybe this should be "Moving Week 2010 A". I am going to take the most upbeat perspective on this that I can. Hang in there this is going to be a crazy week!
This is our basement. Ok, this is the homeschool/scrapbooking area/laundry room part of our basement. All the preschool materials have been moved upstairs so we can get school work done. I am not even thinking about scrapbooking in the next 10 years, and I have a very special path to get to the laundry area. I am determined to move with 95% clean laundry. The last 5% should be on bodies. Most of the large cardboard pile you see are tops to boxes yet to be packed...many of which will contain things to simply take to the rental and then unpack immediately.
Which rental? We don't know! That is the exciting part of this week, it is like a mystery game. We know who (us) we know when (Thurs-Sat) we know what (all this junk you see pictured) we know how (using the van, some friends, and a truck #1's dad graciously lent us) but the big question still remains: where????
Anyway, this is the boys' room. This box is an example of how exact I am trying to make the boxes that will be put in storage. Some can simply say "toys" or "#1's clothes" and that is all the explanation needed. However, other boxes I may or may not need for MONTHS to come (like this box containing diapers Little Monkey Man just outgrew along with sposies for him to use while I am at camp this summer) and I won't be opening them right away after move #2.
This is our hallway, and I am LOVING this stack. This stack is stuff that we didn't think we could live without back when we had our garage sale...but still haven't used since and it is all going to Goodwill. I gave away a big bag of boy clothes to a lady at church yesterday too. I am hanging on to most of the outgrown boy clothes just in case we don't have a girl. But we have TOO MUCH STUFF.


I have two boxes in the kitchen of things I want to go to storage, but am testing my theory out by having it packed...so far I have dug out 3 things that I really will be needing. It is so hard to predict. The toaster probably won't even make it into a box to travel. I think I will hand deliver it to the next counter top. We eat a lot of toast. I'm not super proud of that, but it is true.

Goodbye beautiful built in bookshelves. I shall miss you the most. Well, you and the built in china hutch...or the fireplace...(neighbors do NOT count in this "missing most" dilemma. They are so dear to us and will TRULY be missed the most).
And here is the boy who did not need a nap today. He informed us. He cried. He kicked the bed. He got a spanking. He sang loudly. He woke up his brother. He stood in the corner. He crashed on the couch for 2 hours. Because he did not need a nap. Poor little guy, his entire life is out of sorts right now.
We were very thankful that it was Martin Luther King Jr's birthday. Not only because he was a great man and did so many wonderful things for our country, but also because it gave us a daycare-free day to get LOTS done. Stay tuned for Tuesday's installment of Moving Week 2010!

4 comments:

CM said...

Wow, how did you have time to do a post with all that going on! You ARE super mom! Good luck with the move. I know it can be stressful. Hang in there, you'll be settled soon :-)

What is it with 3 year olds who refuse to take naps??? I tell ya!

Jenney said...

Super Mom I am not! I have to take breaks every 2 hours or so because of being pregnant. I just work on posts during my breaks. Then when I get a whole post done, I hit "publish"! I work on one post all day.

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived closer to help! :( I completely know what you're going through. I was 8 months pregnant with Paige when we moved out of our apartment, and all that packing, unpacking, and running after Gabby was torture! I still had a few boxes to unpack after I delivered...lol...I know it's crazy stressful, but along with your verses, remind yourself to breathe!! Praying for you guys!!

Amanda said...

You guys are working SO hard!!! I way to go being so organized.. that is going to make a huge difference!!