Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

 Well, the day we knew was coming came.  Snug started kindergarten.  Hard to believe.
 He was very excited to go, and it was hard to stand still and get pictures.  He just wanted to BE there.
 I printed this "First Day of Kindergarten" paper from a post I saw here.  I actually was routed from that post to "How Does She?" and then got the free printable.  I can print one for each grade, each year.  I thought it was a nice way to keep track of exactly which first day of school was pictured.
He did NOT want to wear the new outfit that I had picked out for him.  He said it looked like he was going to church and he was going to kindergarten.  Ok then.  He chose an ensemble of hand-me-downs that I approved and he was ready to go.  I was pretty teary, but walked behind a very confident him so he didn't even realize.

His favorite part of the day?  Recess.  Followed closely by lunch.  He got his new lunchbox from a good friend for his birthday.  He loves it.

5 comments:

CM said...

Awww, just look at your big boy starting Kindergarten! And look at that smile :-)

Sprout starts next week. Where did time go?!?

Grandmommy said...

James, you look so grown up! Glad you had a great day at school. I know you will do well because you are such a good listener and will always try to do you best. Love you!

Jenilee said...

recess and lunch! love that! and that you let him change his clothes. how cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Ha classic that he didn't want to put on the outfit of mom's choosing. Oh boys. Well you did a great job documenting the big milestone!

PS thanks for dropping by my blog. I did move. Click to link up

nancy said...

Such cute kids!!! All three!!!
Hope James is still loving school!