Saturday, December 12, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments Dec 11 & 12

Mama Bear is hosting a blog carnival this month that gives everyone an opportunity to share special ornaments and memories. This week features homemade ornaments, which probably makes up 50% of our ornaments. You'll be seeing homemade ones way past this week from me.

Sorry I didn't post mine yesterday, many of you who know us IRL know it was a bad day here. I can't go into it online, but you can be praying for #1 and all other police officers. They give up so much of themselves on a daily basis. While we are all home in our beds at night, they are out doing who knows what to protect us.
These are some ornaments I made either before or the first year #1 and I were married. They are made out of old wooden spools, buttons, and rick-rack.

And I know these were made my first Christmas living on my own, because along with them (and about 15 more) I also made a LONG string of felt mittens that hang in our house, and a set of felt mittens for each of the teachers in my building. It was a lot of work, but fun to still have.

3 comments:

CM said...

Those ornaments are totally precious!

Why do these incidents seem more frequent around the holidays? Glad to hear #1 is ok. Your family is in my prayers.

Colleen said...

I love the felt ornaments. I'm in the process of making a bunch of little mittens out of thrifted and felted wool sweaters.

Praying for your husband and all the officers.

The Alburger Family said...

I remember the year of the felt mittiens and those cute hand sewn ornaments!!!Your house looked so cute! :-)
~Lindsey