Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Just Couldn't Do it

Oh I couldn't do it. I hope people think that our living room is very tiny and impractical. I don't care! We needed a Christmas tree! Last night when I got home from a quick trip to Wal-Mart, #1 had brought up the tree, moved a big chair, and put the box in its place. He knew how I had been feeling. He knew I couldn't follow through with our "just Christmas Eve and Day" plan. How did he know????

So last night, to the sound of "Who-Ville" people singing their little ditty standing hand in hand around their town square, Snug and I decorated the tree. Well, I did it during the show, Snug participated during commercials!
This morning Little Monkey Man got his first glimpse. He LOVES it. He just points and points and giggles.

We will see if he leaves it alone (yeah, right), but have a plan to enclose it with baby gates like we do the fire place. In fact, it is sitting close enough to just extend that gate into one long one.

I know there is quite a bit of red eye, by my PhotoShop and Creative Memories editing programs are both on a computer in the basement, and I didn't feel like going down there this morning.
Make sure you check out my first day of ornaments, and everyone else's too!








6 comments:

Esther said...

Oh, Jenney, I'm so glad. I was wondering how you'd be able to go without a tree--I never could. Happy Advent!

Anonymous said...

Our realators always told us to decorate -- it made the house festive, and people liked to see a tree -- more homey. Your little guys look great and very happy. I am sorry Jennifer, but I must go on record to say I do not like the name Monkey Man for you know who. Snug is cute, but ..... Love to whoever you all are, AB

suzannah | the smitten word said...

of course you needed a tree! i agree it make things more homey--exactly what buyers want:) good luck selling, and keep enjoying your home as long as youre there!

CM said...

Oh, you gotta love little boys in their jammies!!! I'm so gonna find some santa hats for my kiddos!

Hey, by the way, I happen to like the name Monkey Man. Like I said yesterday, I call my little guy Monkey Boy. It's so their age, climbing on EVERYTHING! Too bad we are like 5 states away, I bet they could get into lots of trouble together :-)

Megan said...

Glad you put up the tree. I think every house looks better with a Christmas tree! We have got to get our tree up! The boys are adorable!

The Alburger Family said...

Jenney,
Snug looks so big in that top picture. I kept trying to figure out who it was! And baby J (not so much baby anymore :-) is looking great, such a cutie. Tell #1 hi!
~Lindsey