Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!!!

First up is my last installment of 25 Days of Christmas Ornaments. I missed yesterdays, but we were quite busy!
My last ornament is one that I made at a Sunday School Christmas party hosted by my very own Aunt Beth. I think it is the only homemade one I have on our tree from when I was a kid. Not a very young kid from the looks of the painting, pretty sure I couldn't do any better today if I tried! Merry Christmas, and remember that Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas!

I uploaded my pictures backwards, so you're going to have to bear with me. Here are the boys under the tree this morning. We do stockings, then breakfast, then presents. Little Monkey has no interest in unwrapping anything...Snug wants to unwrap everything. Unfortunately for him I accidentally forgot to wrap his stocking stuffers. We use leftover scraps from wrapping presents, and I'm not sure what on earth I was thinking, but his were all just stuffed in his stocking. Little Monkey's were all wrapped individually so I had to unwrap them again. Crazy me. Stocking stuffers for us are things like a new toothbrush, tic-tacs, socks, small cars, chapstick, and a new ornament.

#1 shows off an "energy shot" he got in his stocking. I don't know why he liked them so much, but he was happy to get them.

All Snug had asked for for Christmas was a Jack-in-the-box. He was thrilled to get one from Little Monkey. Snug picked out a book and paid for it himself for Little Monkey, but mommy and daddy helped with this gift for him.

I got this Melissa & Doug firetruck off of Craigslist a couple of years ago and saved it. It is in perfect condition, and I got an awesome deal on it. I think I need to dust it, but Monkey didn't notice.

Snug got a Leap Pad from our neighbor last year, he had outgrown it. I found a Cars book that works with it and he spent a good forty minutes on my lap playing with it. We have a s l o w Christmas morning because we let the kids open something, play with it, and then open something when they are ready. #1 and I open gifts from each other in between and it is very leisurely.

Yes, yes, I know I hardly ever show my face on here. I prefer it that way!

Ok, back now to Christmas Eve. Yesterday morning we celebrated Christmas with my family. Here are the boys under their tree.

As we were opening gifts, someone was tired, laid down, and ended up with a bow on his back. It was so cute.
Little Monkey got a bead stringing set from Uncle Nathan and Aunt Danielle. He had a good time playing with all of the pieces. The beads are nice and big so I don't have to worry about him eating them. I do not know how I missed getting a picture of it, but he also got this monkey puppet that he is in love with. I"ll have to do a video to show you just how MUCH he loves it.
"Helping" Aunt Danielle open her gifts.

Giving gifts to Grandmommy and Pop Pop.

Ok, now we are back to Dec. 23. This is the afternoon that #1 got to come to Michigan with us! He had a very short 2 days off/with us in MI. Snug enjoyed extra attention from Aunt Beth as they did puzzles together. Grandmommy used to be a Pre K and Kindergarten teacher, so she has lots of neat puzzles/games/toys at her house.

This is a rare picture. Little Monkey hardly ever ever ever lets anyone hold/rock him, but he cuddled right up!

Extra adults in the house mean extra people who can read. Snug got to hear old favorites and some new ones he got as gifts....over...and over...and over...and over...

Oh, this is too cute. Pop Pop cut out houses, a barn, trees, fences, cars, and a couple of animals for the boys' train table. Snug loved watching him work in the wood shop. Later, when the boys had a nap, we all took turns painting the pieces. I don't have a picture of the finished product, but they were so cute!

And once you are done in the wood shop, you have to clean up!
We had a great time in Michigan, and it was so nice to see family, but we are also glad to be back home and enjoy Christmas in our own house...our last Christmas in this house!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like a WONDERFUL day!!! Your family is so gorgeous... I cant wait to see the pink next year!! lol

Be blessed!
Amanda

CM said...

Love the matching jammies and the bow on monkey's back! Too cute.

Glad you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

All Things Family said...

awww...Merry Christmas...so cute that all Snug wanted was a Jack N the box...and I guess I've been out of the blog loop for too long...missed the name change from Baby J to Little Monkey...seems fitting though...can't be a baby forever!

Linda said...

Everyone has these kinds of Christmas pictures...with the Jammies and the bed head! (:>) It is chaos...but fun chaos!

Thanks for sharing the memories.

Linda

Jenilee said...

It was fun to see your face on your blog! :) you have such a cute family and your boys have grown a lot in the last year!

Janet Rose said...

Cute photos! I love the snow falling on your blog, too! That's awesome. Stopping by via Wednesday's Walk.

Diana said...

And a lovely day was had by all! You are truly blessed. Love that fire truck, very cool!

Visiting via Wednesday's Walk! ♥