Thursday, January 29, 2009

Opposites Attract

I will be posting some fun pictures from yesterday's snow play later...I think I'm going to do a slideshow. We'll see.
I am never at a loss for blog material. I mean, Snug burned burned his hand yesterday while crawling on the table to get himself a piece of corn bread. He has this nasty almost dime sized blister on his hand now. We have done all we can to keep him from 'helping himself' to food on the table because we feel it is rude, but I think often this boy has to learn for himself.
We have had 3 days off from school (well, for me from Draycare) in a row. Goodbye paycheck! However, we had a great day outside yesterday...and we needed it. We haven't been out of the house in too long.
I could also blog about #1 getting the van stuck half in the road half in our driveway today...literally hung up on a snowbank. He was on his way to the doctor. Our next door neighbor came out to help him dig out. They couldn't get it. He asked me to come drive while they pushed because that is safe on ice. I had to put on my boots and snowpants because it was stuck in a pile that was deeper than my knees (the snowplow plowed us into our driveway). I of course snapped a picture first...but about 3 minutes too early. As I got to the bottom of the driveway one of #1's bosses stopped (he was off duty) with his son, and then two cruisers also stopped-they ended up needing to direct traffic around our mess. I was snickering just a tad...not because we were stuck, but just because I'm sure the neighbors were loving the scene just outside their windows...they must be as bored as we are and this was entertainment at its finest!
However, I'm not going to further discuss any of these items...I am going to tell you how opposites can indeed attract.
I grew up with lots of family around and I loved it. I never had any sisters (I do have a great sister-in-law now) but I did have two cousins who I considered like sisters and good friends. One of them is my cousin Melissa. When I read her "25 things about me" post, which is a popular post right now on Blogger/Facebook/MySpace I had to laugh a little. How do 2 such opposites attract? We talk via phone/text/or blog almost daily, and always weekly. Keep in mind, these are my opinions and her opinions.
First, read her post here.
Now read my answers...and then wonder how such opposites attract!
1. I hate LOST. There is a tie between that and HEROES as in which one I'd rather not watch.
2. I have never watched Party of 5...not even sure what it is. And we don't have cable...because I think it is a waste of time/money/bunch of junk on. I have 7 channels with stuff I don't want to watch or watch too much of...why would I pay for more?
3. Never heard of this...
4. I don't watch soap operas...ever...enough said
5. I have no trouble losing baby weight...I weigh less today than the day I got pregnant with either of my boys...I have trouble losing weight after I stop nursing. I gained more after stopping with Snug than I did while I was pregnant with him.
6. I have no idea what our house is worth, I'm not sure I care...and I kinda want to live here forever (unless we move to a bunch of land and build with our next door neighbors...isn't gonna happen though)
7. I don't ever want to go to Vegas. The only reason I'd ever go was to be part of a ride along on COPS, because good stuff happens on COPS in Vegas. (see what I mean by junk on TV? Who watches people get arrested for fun?)
8. Ok here we get a bit more similar...I also love to wear sweats. Although I don't normally wear my PJ's all day, I have been known to get dressed for the next day and then easily roll out of bed the next morning if I have Draycare kids coming early :o)
9. Most of the time, besides toys, my house is clean. It kinda has to be with a home business. I HATE having a disorganized or messy house. Although it gets that way daily, it also gets cleaned daily. I love having people over and will find excuses to have people over. My kids have to pick up all their toys in between each activity when the daycare kids are here...I'm more lenient on the weekends. Messy House=Me Stressed
10. Although Snug and Baby J (who eats 90% organic) eat healthy, our whole family strives to. We have pizza and I eat raw cookie dough on occasion, but overall we are trying so so hard to eat as healthy as possible. McDonald's actually sounds gross.
11. I would like to get rid of our TV, but #1 loves sports (ok, I enjoy some too) and I have it on at night while I do stuff because it makes me feel safer to have noise.
12. I don't go to MOPS. Our church has a Tuesday morning Bible study with childcare, but I feel a tad guilty about having someone else watch kids I'm being paid to watch so I don't go. There is a MOPS chapter that meets in the evening, but the leader is the daughter-in-law of an old boss of mine who I was always less than impressed with (both boss and daughter-in-law). I'm not sure I could take her leadership very seriously.
13. Um...I live in a different state so of course we don't attend the same church. I've actually been at my church a TON lately (besides when Baby J had RSV) due to the new building and work involved with that.
14. I have two dogs and a cat that I love. Ok, I love the dogs, the cat is ok. He is a good cat...but he hasn't been using the litter box and so the dogs have been eating it...well, you get it. But I love my pets and love having pets...probably would have more if #1 would let me.
15. Um...some people might not think our dogs are great but I still love them...and unlike her dog, mine shed 9 months a year...drastically shed.
16. I also have a child who refuses to have a BM in his diapers. He actually waits for me to be changing him, and then he goes. This has been the trend for about 3 weeks. My two year old isn't in diapers except at night, and he is in a size ? Honestly I don't know.
17. I (usually) love to cook. I love cooking from scratch. I like to plan a menu, I do it once a week. I do however want help in what to make because otherwise I find myself repeating the same things over and over. I hate dishes. Period.
18. I love my dogs because even if I don't have any time for them, which I rarely do, they still love me to pieces!
19. I have high anxiety levels with or without my kids. Not sure how to answer this.
20. I concur with her on this point 100%
21. Although being a mom is one of the best things that has happened to me, my son never ever says "I love you momma" unless I make him repeat it word by word, and then he usually says "NOOOO" at the end. Nice.
22. I am trying very hard not to drink any pop and I NEVER EVER drink diet pop because the aspartame is so so so so so so so bad for you. Just eat a tablespoon of sugar...that is better for you than a teaspoon of aspartame.
23. I hope my blog is never as popular as MckMama or CFHusband. Then I'd feel super self-conscious about what I write and I'm sure I'd offend people daily. They can have their fame, I love MckMama's blog though and it makes me smile.
24. My mom didn't even know what a blog was when I started it. She reads it for the pics of her grandkids (coming soon, when the kids are in bed...I promise...naptime is being taken up by this insane idea I had instead...sorry)
25. Again, not anything I can say here because, well, if you followed the instructions and read hers first...there is nothing for me to say here :o)

So opposites attract. But we have similarities too, besides being blood related.
We grew up quite near each other, even went to the same school through HS.
We played softball together...by played I mean that I attended and sat on the bench and she was awesome!
We were in choirs together
We attended the same church
Our boys are within a couple of months in age of each other
Our husbands both work for emergency services
We both believe that nursing our babies is very important
We both love Jesus and know him as our savior (she was at summer camp the same week I became a believer)
So here is to you Mitt! Love you!

No comments: